Did you know that the air quality inside of your home can actually be worse than the air outside your home?
That’s right. Indoor air quality for most homes in Southern California, and across the United States, is worse than the air outside of the home.
Outside, the air quality is constantly in a state of flux thanks to breezes and changing weather. Inside the home, it’s a different story. The air quality in many homes nationwide is worse than the outside because many people fail to properly maintain their HVAC systems or change their air filters.
This means that anyone who is inside the home may be breathing more dust, dirt, mold, and other debris than they should.
The Reality About Poor Indoor Air Quality
- More than 50% of all illnesses are caused or aggravated by poor indoor air quality
- Poor indoor air quality costs businesses over $168 billion dollars annually
- All employers can increase the performance of their workforce by ten percent or more simply by implementing indoor air quality solutions.
- A recent study cited by Kimberly-Clark Corporation found that for every 10 workers, poor indoor air quality caused them to take an extra six days of sick leave each year.
- By controlling contaminants such as dust mites, asthma cases can be reduced by 55 to 60%. (American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine)
HVAC Units Improve Lives
When properly maintained, HVAC systems play a vital role in improving the quality of the air inside a home. It filters out harmful airborne bacteria and other particles which can adversely affect our sinuses and lungs. It can also cause individuals with poor immune systems to become ill, or worsen illnesses.
Get an HVAC Tune-Up Here
Do you own an HVAC system that hasn’t been “tuned up” or maintained in some time? If so, contact Air Care Heating and Air Conditioning today by calling us at (949) 446-1606 or click here to connect with us online.