Should you get your air conditioner tuned up this spring?
The answer to this question is yes! Springtime is an excellent time of year to get your air conditioner tuned up, especially if you live in Southern California because the weather is still on the cool side during the day and you may not need to use your A/C for a few months.
How Much Does an Air Conditioner Tune-Up Cost?
Depending on the make and model of your air conditioner, an air conditioner “tune-up” could cost $50 to $100.
When you choose to get your air conditioner tuned up you can have confidence that it’s going to be functioning perfectly just in time for the hot summer months.
What’s Involved with An Air Conditioner Tune-Up?
When we come out to your home or office to do an A/C tune-up here’s what you can expect:
- We will check your air conditioner to confirm that it has proper refrigerant levels. Why? Low levels often indicate a leak that must be found and repaired ASAP. Low refrigerant levels can also burn out your compressor and this will result in costly repairs.
- Our technician will also check all electrical components and your A/C controls to make sure they’re working properly.
- We’re also going to clean your evaporator and condenser coils. This is important because dirty evaporators and dirty A/C coils will reduce the energy efficiency and cooling ability of your air conditioner.
- You can expect us to Oil motors if it’s needed.
- Our tech will calibrate your air conditioner's thermostat to make sure it’s not working overtime.
- We will also check the condenser to see if there are any possible problems.
Schedule an Air Conditioner Tune-Up